Sunday 16 August 2009

Oman: The SINKHOLE

So, our tourguide tells us that he is going to bring us to this sinkhole. So I asked him what it was and how it got there. The story goes, that a star came down and made this hole in the ground. The water is salty, and blue-green. Its stunning. The tour guide said if we did not like it, he could take us somewhere else to swim. I said "this will do" hahah
People jumping off the sinkhole. Chad and I jumped off too. We both scratched our knees trying to get up with the rope they have set up. Again, we noticed all british, european people were here.
This is how you get down to the sinkhole.
Chad and I and the beautiful view. And YES, you can wear bikinis in OMAN and DUBAI and most places in the UAE. Sharjah, Saudi Rabia, and more traditional places bikinis are not acceptable for the most part. If the beachs are private, you also cannot wear revealing clothing. This is a huge public tourist attraction, therefore it is just fine!
I'm all smiles about the sinkhole! You couldn't take the smile off my face! What a great place.

4 comments:

  1. Be careful over there Allie.

    That sink hole isn't man made is it? I think the biggest man made one is in Africa....not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes!!!! I am so jealous. That is the bluest water I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this! Just wanna dive in n swim all day long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. where iz this Place in Oman plz guide

    ReplyDelete