Saturday 29 August 2009

Ramadan

Hello hello everyone! For those of you who do not know it is Ramadan from August 20th to September 18th. This means, no food or drink in public from sunrise to sundown. Yikes. Well, to explain it, the malls are completely empty throughout the day, and at night, Dubai comes alive! It is really hard not to drink water (I find this is the worst). Luckily, I am inside and when I leave the house here, I take water with me and just drink it in the washroom, or hide it. Its been an interesting experience to say the least!

At around 6:30 to 7:00 at sundown, there is a celebration called Iftar, where the Arabs eat eat eat and eat! They set up tents in the malls, and there are tonnes of people on the streets, celebrating that they made it another day! I will have to participate in an Iftar to get the full experience. I will let you know how it goes!

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment